Wednesday 20 January 2010

Two weeks and still running.....

I find myself two weeks into my placement. I must say it is going better than I expected. Much of the tasks I have been given seem to relate to the work we have covered in class. The practical experience is important as I can see how things play out if the right measures aren’t put in place, such as management and planning.
Fuelled media is the name of the company where I have decided to do my placement. The company generally places focus on ‘new media’ and consists of a graphic deigns department, advertising & marketing and Public relations. The company believes by offering a wide variety of services it can hold on to clients in such turbulent and competitive times. The Public Relations department tends to work alongside with the marketing and advertising, as many clients are provided a joint package of pr and advertising campaign. It makes business easier if both pieces of work are carried in the same company as oppose to having the work spread across separate companies. Seema is the head of Public relation operations at Fuelled Media, she is also my mentor, she too did a masters in PR, with respect I feel I have benefitted from having a mentor such as her. It gives me something to aim for, that the master can help me achieve a good job in Public relations, and it is worth it after all.
Me and Seema having been working on an exciting a new project, the grand opening of a new bar called ‘Chilli Whites’ situated on Belvoir Street. I have had to brainstorm on innovative ideas in raise the profile for the grand unveiling, such as treasure hunts, mascot’s artwork/graffiti. I have also written press releases for regional magazines and newspapers such as the Leicester Mercury and 69 magazines. I have also been selected to conduct a presentation on, Leicester’s bar scene so far in 2010 and how I feel the most effective method would be for the grand opening. I have had to conduct research into competitors, and other events and themes in the city which my underline or threat the exposure the bar would receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment